When Recycling Goes Too Far...


OK, I know that recycling is a good thing. I don't think that it should be forced upon people, but I do think that it should be available to people who want to do so. (I used to live in an apartment in a city that did not have a recycling program for it's multi-family properties.) But I also think that sometimes there is a line that needs to be drawn when it comes to recycling. Especially when the product that is being recycled is used condoms.

Once more, China steps into the international spotlight for exposing its own people to unnecessary health risks. Never mind the lead in toys, this time it's herpes in hairbands. The one positive thing that can be said about this is that at least, to the best of our knowledge, none of the used jimmy-hat hairbands have been exported.

What I really want to know is who the hell came up with this idea? Who thought that it would be good to take condoms that people have actually used, as opposed to ones that don't pass QC, and turn them into hairbands?

This is what happens when you get fanatical about something. Even something as good as recycling. Everything in moderation.

All I can say is: Buy American.

Posted byJ. R. Guinness at 7:00 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment