Walk the Line

Earlier this week I went to go see Walk the Line with some of my friends. For those of you who don't know, this movie is about the life of Johnny Cash. He sang songs like "Ring of Fire," "I Walk the Line," "Boy Named Sue," and others. Johnny Cash was played by Joaquin Phoenix and June Carter was played by Reese Witherspoon.

I have to say that this is the best movie that I've seen this year. This movie definitely deserves a lot of awards. Joaquin and Reese are to be commended as well for singing the songs themselves.

The movie chronicles the hardships that Cash went through, from his drunk and abusive father, his brothers death, through Johnny's battles with drugs and alcohol. The acting is simply amazing.

I give this movie 5 stars. Go see it.
[* * * * *]





Posted byJ. R. Guinness at 2:22 PM  

1 comments:

Anonymous said... 2:36 PM  

Loved the movie! The soundtrack was great, and the singing was almost as good as the originals. I would concur with your five star rating.

Post a Comment